COMPANIES OF FOREIGN INTEREST – EMPLOYMENT VISA
Who can Work?
Nationals from EU member states can work in Cyprus without restrictions. As an EU citizen you will need a residency permit if you intend to stay longer than three months and work in Cyprus.
EU nationals working in Cyprus have the same rights as Cypriot nationals with regards to pay, working conditions, access to housing, vocational training, social security and trade union membership .
What will you need?
1. Apply for an Alien Registration Certificate (ARC) and Residence Permit.
2. Apply for a social insurance number upon securing employment in Cyprus.
The application for the issue of Entry, Residence and Work Permits are submitted by the Employer (not by the employee). The application is submitted to the Civil Registry and Migration Department.
Together with the application, you need to submit the Employment Contract, certified by the Department of Labor of the Ministry of Employment and Social Insurances.
Duration of Work Visa:
Generally, the maximum period of a non-EU citizen to live and work in Cyprus is 4 years. However, the following employees are exempted from this limitation:
- highly skilled personnel employed in companies with substantial annual turnover;
- executive directors, middle-management staff, executive staff and other key personnel working in companies of foreign interests (requires at least 50% of the company’s share capital to belong to a non-Cyprus citizen or, its’ direct foreign capital investment to be at least €200.000) – minimum salary requirements apply;
- qualified nurses, registered in Cyprus for the practice of such nurse profession;
- athletes and coaches of individual or team sports;
- religious icon painters (for particular projects).
Eligible Cyprus Companies
- The majority of the company’s shares to be owned by Third-country nationals;
- Foreign direct investment of capital amounting to at least € 200.000, legally admitted to Cyprus from abroad. This should be proved by an appropriate bank and other documents;
- To operate in independent offices in Cyprus.
- Minimum acceptable gross monthly salary for Directors is €3872;
- Maximum number of 5 persons for this category.
Middle Management Executives & key personnel
- Minimum acceptable gross monthly salary for this category is between €1936 – €3871;
- Maximum number of Ten (10) persons for this category
For employing a greater number of third-country personnel under the above categories, duly justified and documented requests by the company can be submitted. Support staff
There is no maximum number for the employment of third-country nationals under this category, provided that necessary approvals from the Department of Labor have been obtained.
Third-country nationals employed in companies of foreign interests as Directors or Middle management executives or other key personnel are able to exercise their right to family reunification. In such a case, third-country nationals who are family members (spouse and minor children) can enter and reside in Cyprus.
F.M.B VIP Immigration Services LTD offer comprehensive consultancy on how to obtain a Work Permit in Cyprus, in a timely, professional, and cost effective manner . Due to the complex procedure involved in obtaining a job visa, it is highly advised that a professional consultancy firm assist you on a step by step basis. Our specialist are experienced in advising individuals and their family members on how to obtain the required employment visa.