GREEK GOLDEN VISA
PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN GREECE:
- The Greece Golden Visa scheme is granted by virtue of the Immigration and Social Integration Code. Pursuant to the Law 4136/2013 as amended by 4251/2014, Greece has introduced provisions to facilitate the residency of Non-EU national in Greece.
- The Government of Greece has introduced a procedure for third country citizens to obtain Permanent Residency, which can be renewed every five (5) years, by acquiring a property with minimum value of €250.000 .
The Greece Golden Visa, is one of the most popular programes amongst the EU countries, granting residency in Greece, enabling an entire non-EU family, including dependant children, up to the age of 24 and the parents of both spouses, to obtain the PR within 3 months, with a minimum investment of €250.000, making this scheme one of the most competitive PR schemes in Europe. PR offers the applicant and his family freedom to live freely in the EU and to travel with ease.
It provides excellent education and health care, not excluding Visa free travel within the Schengen zone.
- located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa and is comprised of 11 different geographical areas;
- has the largest coastline on the Mediterranean Basin and has the 11th longest coastline in the world, with a climate of 300 days of sun per year;
- surrounded by Albania, North Macedonia, Bulgaria and Turkey to the north, the Aegean Sea to the east, the Ionian Sea to the west and the Mediterranean Sea to the south;
- Greek’s capital, Athens, has been standing for over 7,000 years, making it one of Europe’s oldest cities;
- The population is roughly 11 million people;
- full member of the EU since 1989 and a Eurozone Member since 2001;
- is known for 3 things: ancient civilization, amazing landscapes and high developed tourism;
- democratic and developed country with a high quality of life and a high standard of living;
- has been voted as one of the safest countries with the lowest crime levels in the EU, which is one of the many reasons that it is considered as an ideal destination for permanent residence for non-European Union nationals to migrate to, not forgetting to mention the high quality healthcare and education, as well as the stable political climate.
- Purchase a property of at least €250,000 (new or resale);
- Issuance of a Greek Tax Registration Number (TIN-ΑΦΜ), Opening of a bank account;
- 4 photos per applicant and family member, where applicable;
- Copy of the Applicants Passport and family members (certified by the Greek authorities with the relevant valid entry visa);
- Marriage and Birth Certificates, where applicable;
- Medical Insurance
- Fast Track Procedure – Appr. 3 months;
- Eligibility for all family (incl. parents & parents-in-law);
- Visa is renewed automatically every 5 years, provided that the property remains in the name of the applicant (applicant may also sell and buy a new property within this time frame);
- Visa free travelling to all European and Schengen countries;
- No obligation to reside in Greece;
- Entitled to Rent the Property & receive return.
- A family member includes: Applicant’s wife/husband, their children, applicant’s parents, parents in law;
- Unmarried partners are not entitled to the Residence Permit;
- You may travel directly to any Schengen country after obtaining your Residency;
- Applicants who have received the PR have access to public education equivalently to that of the Greek Citizens;
- Entitled to take a mortgage out on the property bought;
- The property acquired for the investment is allowed to be rented;
- The amount of €250.000 does not include value added tax;
- The investment maybe consisted of a combination of commercial and residential property including a plot of land;
- The PR does not allow any of the family members or the applicant to work;
- Family members are not obliged to submit their application for their initial residence permit at the same time as the investor, and can apply at a later stage;
- Fingerprints apply to applicants over 6 years of age;
- Digital signature applies to applicants over 12 years old.